Bible stories have not only provided plots for novelists for decades, but have also been rich sources of allusions and book titles.
The 15 clues below are each related to familiar Bible stories. The answer to each clue is the title of a best-selling novel twentieth century published 50 or more years ago. The novels’ are not necessarily religious novels or related to Bible themes.
- Jacob’s 12 boys
- King David said it first
- The last great battle
- Isaac’s 7-year-itch
- Samson at his last public appearance
- A first for Noah — and everyone else
- Peter was given them
- Worth a gamble
- Describes Goliath perfectly
- Stephen was the first Christian one
- Departure from Egypt
- Time for circumcision
- Where Joseph was when the Midianites came along
- Passover comestible
- The lawgiver
Answers will be posted April 14.