Hold on to your dust jackets.
I’ve previously reviewed the bestsellers of 1937, 1947 and 1957 here at GreatPenformances. (The lists and links to the reviews are on the bestsellers 1930-1969 page accessible from the tab at the top of the page.)
I’m sure you’ll spot names of authors on the 1967 list whom you’ve seen on other years’ bestseller lists. And there are some titles which are probably more familiar to us from movies and television than as books.
Here’s the list of the 1967 bestsellers and the dates on which you can expect to see my review posted:
- The Arrangement by Elia Kazan [May 13, 2017]
- The Confessions of Nat Turner by William Styron [May 16, 2017]
- The Chosen by Chaim Potok [May 20, 2017]
- Topaz by Leon Uris [May 23, 2017]
- Christy by Catherine Marshall [May 27, 2017]
- The Eighth Day by Thornton Wilder [May 30, 2017]
- Rosemary’s Baby by Ira Levin [June 3, 2017]
- The Plot by Irving Wallace [June 6, 2017]
- The Gabriel Hounds by Mary Stewart [June 10, 2017]
- The Exhibitionist by Henry Sutton [June 13, 2017]
The reader poll will be posted on June 17 and my picks on June 20.