Some of the early twentieth century’s most popular novelists are represented on the bestseller list for 1917, but few of them are known to today’s readers. I dare say Zane Grey is the only author on the list who still has a fan club.
I hope my reviews will whet readers’ appetites for reading some of these novels published 100 years ago.
- Mr. Britling Sees It Through by H. G. Wells [Also 1916]
- The Light in the Clearing by Irving Bacheller [Feb. 21, 2017]
- The Red Planet by William J. Locke [ Feb. 25, 2017]
- The Road to Understanding by Eleanor H. Porter [Feb. 28, 2017]
- Wildfire by Zane Grey [Mar. 4, 2017]
- Christine by Alice Cholmondeley [Mar. 7, 2017]
- In the Wilderness by Robert S. Hichens [Mar. 11, 2017]
- His Family by Ernest Poole [Mar. 14, 2017]
- The Definite Object by Jeffrey Farnol [Mar. 18, 2018]
- The Hundredth Chance by Ethel M. Dell [Mar. 21, 2017]
Reader poll [Mar. 25, 2017]
My favorites of 1917 [Mar. 28, 2017]
Starting in April, we’ll move on to the bestselling novels of 1927.