In my last post, I gave you a dozen clues containing the name of a bestselling novel from between 1900 and 1969. You were to answer with the name of another bestselling novel of that period.
Here are the clues and the answers I came up with. Your choices may be different as long as they make sense.
1. The Prince of Foxes is their den leader.
2. Simon The Jester would have felt right at home here.
The House of Mirth
3. The Weavers need this for their work.
4. Encouraging words for someone at The Point of No Return.
Tomorrow Will Be Better
5. There’s nothing for The Listener to do here.
The Silent Places
6. The Daughter of Anderson Crow, Rosemary’s Baby, and B. F.’s Daughter are all members of this group.
The Younger Set
7. Whatever The Breakfast of Champions is, it isn’t this.
8. The Gambler might have been willing to risk it.
The Hundredth Chance
9. The Judgment House sees both of these.
The Just and the Unjust
10. First thing Tomorrow Morning
11. The Pretenders earn a living here.
12. When The Rains Came this died down.
On the last day of 2016, I’ll post my picks for the best novels I reviewed this year. Check back to see how my choices measure up to yours.
© 2016 Linda Gorton Aragoni