Happy 2017, novel readers.
If all goes as planned, in 2017 I’ll reach my goal of reading and reviewing each of the bestselling novels published between 1900 and 1969. Most of the novels I’ll review this year are bestsellers celebrating their publication on a year ending in a “7” between those dates.
This year I’ll post reviews in chronological order, beginning with the bestsellers of 1907, 1917, and 1927.
Then I’ll skip ahead to 1967. (I previously reviewed the bestsellers of ’37, ’47 and ’57.)
I end my project by reviewing the bestselling novels of 1968 and 1969.
Review dates for 1907 bestselling novels
Here is my list of the 1907 bestsellers. Dates in square brackets tell you when you can expect the review to be posted. Links are to a free download on Project Gutenberg or, if I previously reviewed the novel, to that review.
- The Lady of the Decoration by Frances Little [Jan. 7, 2017]
- The Weavers by Gilbert Parker [Jan. 10, 2017]
- The Port of Missing Men by Meredith Nicholson. [Jan. 14, 2017]
- The Shuttle by Frances Hodgson Burnett [also a 1908 bestseller]
- The Brass Bowl by Louis J. Vance [Jan. 17, 2017]
- Satan Sanderson by Hallie Erminie Rives [Jan. 21, 2017]
- The Daughter of Anderson Crow by George Barr McCutcheon [Jan. 24, 2017]
- The Younger Set by Robert W. Chambers [Jan. 28, 2017]
- The Doctor: A Tale of the Rockies by Ralph Connor [Jan. 31, 2017]
- Half a Rogue by Harold MacGrath [Feb. 4, 2017]
Poll: your favorites of the 1907 bestsellers [Feb. 7, 2017]
My favorites of the 1907 bestsellers [Feb. 11, 2017]
I look forward to having you join me in my travels through time via vintage bestselling novels.
© 2017 Linda Gorton Aragoni