The publishing world saw several new novels by famous authors in 1935 and a few really good new novels. Only one novel on the 1935 list was a holdover from 1934: James Hilton’s Good-bye, Mr. Chips.
- 1935 #1 Green Light by Lloyd C. Douglas [12-May-2015]
- 1935 #2 Vein of Iron by Ellen Glasgow [16-May-2015]
- 1935 #3 Of Time and the River by Thomas Wolfe [19-May-2015]
- 1935 #4 Time Out of Mind by Rachel Field [23-May-2015]
- 1935 #5 Good-bye, Mr. Chips by James Hilton
- 1935 #6 The Forty Days of Musa Dagh by Franz Werfel [27-May-2015]
Note: A new, expanded version of Werfel’s novel in ebook format is available from major online publishers now. A paperback of the expanded translation should be available from publisher David R. Godine, http://www.godine.com, by the time you read this.
- 1935 #7 Heaven’s My Destination by Thornton Wilder [30-May-2015]
- 1935 #8 Lost Horizon by James Hilton [02-Jun-2015]
- 1935 #9 Come and Get It by Edna Ferber [06-Jun-2015]
- 1935 #10 Europa by Robert Briffault [09-Jun-2015]
Poll: Your favorites of 1935 bestsellers [13-Jun-2015]
My top picks of 1935 bestsellers [16-Jun-2015]