In the next few weeks, we’ll be looking at the bestselling novels of 1904. Here’s the list of titles and dates you can expect to read my review. As usual, links will take you either to an online copy of the work, if I haven’t already reviewed it, or to my review.
- The Crossing by Winston Churchill [Sept. 23]
- The Deliverance by Ellen Glasgow [Sept. 27]
- The Masquerader by Katherine Cecil Thurston [Sept. 30]
- In the Bishop’s Carriage by Miriam Michelson [Oct. 4]
- Sir Mortimer by Mary Johnson [Oct. 7]
- Beverly of Grustark by George Barr McCutcheon [Oct. 11]
- The Little Shepherd of Kingdom Come by John Fox Jr.
- Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm by Kate Douglas Wiggin [Oct. 14]
- My Friend Prospero by Henry Harland [Oct. 18]
- The Silent Places by Stewart Edward White [Oct. 21]
This list finishes up my planned reading for this year.
The remainder of 2014 I’ll be filling in the gaps in my reading with titles from 1919 and 1929 that I hadn’t been able to find yet when their anniversary years rolled around. I’ll post that schedule on November 1. There are some fine novels among them, so keep an eye out for the reviews.
© 2014 Linda Gorton Aragoni