The authors on the 1923 best sellers list represent were popular and prolific writers. Today, however, I doubt many readers will recognize many of these bestselling titles.
If I read the e-book version from Project Gutenberg, clicking the link in the list will take you the download page. If I previously reviewed the book, the link will take you to my review.
- Black Oxen by Gertrude Atherton [review July 7]
- His Children’s Children by Arthur Train [review July 10]
- The Enchanted April by Elizabeth [review July 14]
- Babbitt by Sinclair Lewis, second year on the bestseller list
- The Dim Lantern by Temple Bailey [review July 17]
- This Freedom by A.S. M. Hutchinson, second year on the bestseller list
- The Mine with the Iron Door by Harold Bell Wright [review July 21]
- The Wanderer of the Wasteland by Zane Grey [review July 24]
- The Sea-Hawk by Rafael Sabatini [review July 28]
- The Breaking Point by Mary Roberts Rinehart, second year on the bestseller list
You will find some good entertainment, as well as some insights into cultural history in these volumes.
The poll of reader’s favorites of the 1923 novels is slated for the last day of July.