Here are the answers to Sunday’s just-for-fun quiz about jobs.
If you missed the puzzle, each clue contained a reference to one bestselling novel. The answer is the title of another bestseller that contains a job title.
1. He might have commanded The Ship of Fools.
Answer: The Captain from Castile.
2. The Rector of Justin might have aspired to this.
Answer: The Bishop’s Mantle
3. This man would like The Shoes of the Fisherman.
Answer: The Cardinal
4. He is peddling The Billion Dollar Sure Thing.
Answer: The Embezzeler
5. The Honorary Consul reports to this person.
Answer: The Ambassador.
6. These guys at HQ have No Time for Sergeants
Answer: Captains and Kings
7. Burr, he said.
Answer: The Spy Who Came in from the Cold
8. Oh, Money! Money! is their cry.
Answer: The Moneychangers
9. They obvious choice for stealthy attack on The Enemy Camp.
Answer: The Green Berets.
10. He works The Farm.
Answer: The Harvester.
Incidentally, The Harvester was the top selling novel in 1912. It would have had a review in this spot today except that I reviewed it last year on the anniversary of it’s fifth place spot on the 1911 bestseller list.
Look for a review of 1912’s second biggest seller, The Street Called Straight, here at Great Penformances on Sunday, Sept. 9.