The 1931 bestseller list contains some true winners.
The list of 1931 bestselling novels is topped by Pearl S. Buck‘s famous novel The Good Earth, which won the Pulitzer Prize for the Novel the following year.
John Galsworthy, winner of the 1932 Nobel Prize in Literature, has a work on the 1931 bestseller list, too.
And Erich Maria Remarque‘s novel The Road Back put him on another list: that of author’s whose works were banned by the Third Reich.
Here’s the entire 1931 list of bestselling novels, with dates the reviews are scheduled noted in parens:
- The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck (2-Jul-2011)
- Shadows on the Rock by Willa Cather (6-Jul-2011)
- A White Bird Flying by Bess Streeter Aldrich (9-Jul-2011)
- Grand Hotel by Vicki Baum
- Years of Grace by Margaret Ayer Barnes
- The Road Back by Erich Maria Remarque (16-Jul-2011)
- The Bridge of Desire by Warwick Deeping (20-Jul-2011)
- Back Street by Fannie Hurst (23-Jul-2011)
- Finch’s Fortune by Mazo de la Roche (27-Jul-2011)
- Maid in Waiting by John Galsworthy (30-Jul-2011)
© 2011 Linda Gorton Aragoni