The top novels of 1930 are getting scarce in libraries and used book stores. I was very fortunate to find all but Margaret Ayers Barnes’s novel Years of Grace.
I will review the nine top novels from 1930 I’ve read, starting next week with the #1 bestseller, Edna Ferber’s Cimarron.
Here’s the complete list of the top 10:
- Cimarron by Edna Ferber
- Exile by Warwick Deeping
- The Woman of Andros by Thornton Wilder
- Years of Grace by Margaret Ayers Barnes
- Angel Pavement by J. B. Priestley
- The Door by Mary Roberts Rinehart
- Rogue Herries by Hugh Walpole
- Chances by A. Hamilton Gibbs
- Young Man of Manhattan by Katherine Brush
- Twenty-Four Hours by Louis Bromfield
Perhaps some day I’ll run across the tenth top novel.
© 2010 Linda Gorton Aragoni