When it is too cold to be outside and there’s nothing on TV, test your Bible and novel knowledge on these clues.
The answer to each clue is the name of a novel that was on the bestseller list between 1900 and 1970. The novel itself may have nothing to do with the Bible or religion.
- Bears sins into wilderness:
- Judas’s role:
- Plea in the Lord’s Prayer:
- Eden before the fall:
- Where Israelites’ wandered:
- Description of the Jews:
- The lawgiver:
- Where Joseph was when the Midianites came along:
- Samson went most of his life without feeling it:
- Zelophehad’s daughters wanted theirs:
- Nuisance confounded:
- Rahab’s red cord hung against it:
- Was this what Esau sold his birthright for?
- Samson felt it once to his sorrow:
- Legendary cup from Last Supper:
Answers will be posted next Wednesday. Enjoy!