Here are the answers to last week’s quiz. I’ve noted the titles and authors of the novels along with the year(s) in which they appeared on the bestseller lists.
- Globetrotting relative of Patrick Dennis: aunt (Auntie Mame [1956 #4] and Around the World with Auntie Mame [1958 #4])
- B.F., Anderson Crow and Lady Rose each had one: daughter (B.F.’s Daughter by John P. Marquand [1946 #9]; The Daughter of Anderson Crow by George Barr McCutcheon, 1907 #7]; Lady Rose’s Daughter by Mrs. Humphrey Ward [1903 #1])
- A red black woman: Scarlet Sister Mary (by Julie Peterkin [1929 #1] )
- They married into the family: The Sisters-in-Law (by Gertrude Atherton [1921 #9])
- The priests see to her: Grandmother (Grandmother and the Priests by Taylor Caldwell, 1963 #6 )
- Sorrell had one: son (Sorrell and Son (by Warwick Deeping [1926 #3] )
- You’ll never see the end of her: Immortal Wife (by Irving Stone [1945 #10])
- Grandchildren would be shorter: His Children’s Children (by Arthur Train [1923 #2])
- Jacob may have called his bride this: My Cousin Rachel (by Daphne du Maurier [1952 #4])
- He’ll give away his daughter: Father of the Bride (by Edward Streeter [1945 #10])
I hope you enjoyed that quiz. We’ll do another again some day.