The books on the 1918 bestseller list for fiction are almost unknown today, yet their authors were some of the biggest name novelists of their era.
Topping the list is The U.P. Trail by Zane Grey. Grey is the only author on the list whose name will ring a bell with most readers.
The other novels on the list are:
2. The Tree of Heaven by May Sinclair
3. The Amazing Interlude by Mary Roberts Rinehart
4. Dere Mable by Edward Streeter.
5. Oh, Money! Money by Eleanor H. Porter
6. Greatheart by Ethel M. Dell. Dell was so popular in her day that other novelists had characters discuss her books.
7. The Major by Ralph Connor
8. The Pawns Court by E. Phillips Oppenheim
9. A Daughter of the Land by Gene Stratton Porter
10. Sonia by Stephen McKenna
I have found only the top two books from 1918. I’ll tell you about them before the year is out.