With the exception of Pollyanna, the titles on the 1913 bestseller list are largely unfamiliar today. As I survey the novels, I hope you’ll discover a few you want to sample.
The 1913 bestsellers and dates their reviews will be posted here are listed below. You can find all these titles free to download from Project Gutenberg by clicking the links in the list.
- The Inside of the Cup by Winston Churchill [review Sept. 11]
- V.V.’s Eyes by Henry Syndor Harrison [review Sept. 15]
- Laddie: A True-Blue Story by Gene Stratton Porter [review Sept. 18]
- The Judgment House by Sir Gilbert Parker [review Sept. 22]
- Heart of the Hills by John Fox Jr. [review Sept. 25]
- The Amateur Gentleman by Jeffrey Farnol [review Sept. 29
- The Woman Thou Gavest Me by Hall Craine [review Oct. 2]
- Pollyanna by Eleanor H. Porter [review Oct. 6]
- The Valiants of Virginia by Amelie Rives [review Oct. 9]
- T. Tembarom by Frances Hodgson Burnett [review Oct. 13]
On October 16, you’ll have a chance to tell your favorites of the 1913 bestsellers.